Some nights you just need something quic, some nights you need something healthy & low carb (haven’t you heard? Carbs are the devil lol), and some nights you need both. This is a meal for one of those nights.
It’s all of like 4 ingredients (sans seasonings and butter) for the main dish and if you’re me you just toss some frozen veg in a steamer bag and nuke them to just cooked perfection. After a couple sprays of your favorite healthy butter substitute and a small hunk of multi grain bread and vuala. The big take away for me was how delicious such simple (and cheap! Hello I’m on a grad school budget) ingredients could make something so fab. So give it a try with your fave ocean dweller and enjoy.
Pan-Seared Herbed Tilapia
1 Tilapia fillet
1 Garlic clove minced
1 T. chopped parsley
1 T. butter
1 half lemon juiced
1 t. lemon pepper
1 t. salt
– Heat pan to med-high heat
– Sprinkle fillet with seasonings and coat with garlic and parsley
– Allow butter to melt in pan then add seasoned fillet to hot pan.
– Cook fish aprox. 3 minutes per side (or until opaque/flaky)
– Just before removing fish from pan add lemon juice (you can also add an extra tab of butter now for extra tastiness) and serve.